Monday 23 November 2009

Happy Birthday To Me :)

Well, there you go - another year older, not necessarily another year wiser.

Saturday spent the day changing the crankcase ventilator valve on the Contractormobile - now seem to run much better and has half a chance of getting through the MoT on Friday.

Sunday I spent making my (in)famous Cassoulet; I have surreptitiously garnered the various ingredients over the preceding weeks:
  • A wild duck, suitable confitted
  • Toulouse sausages
  • Lamb neck fillet (much nicer than it sounds!)
  • Nice fatty belly pork
  • Haricot beans
And sticking to Hugh's standard recipe; happy to say it worked really well and I took his advice and added a bottle of 1985 Château Lafite-Rothschild 1er Grand Cru Classé* (well it was my birthday)

* Strictly speaking he suggests a nice robust Corbières. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment